Caves and Megaliths
The caves of Lascaux are well known. They are "only" 200 km from the house. There are also some closer alternatives:
- Roc-Aux-Sorciers, Angles-sur-l'Anglin (65 km)
- La Grotte de Villars (120 km)
- Les Grottes de Lamouroux (150 km)
- La Grotte de Lascaux (200km)
In the Haute-Vienne and Vienne there are many places with megalithical constructions. Many times you will pass signs stating dolmen, Mégalithes or Menhir.
Most of the times it's only 1 menhir or dolmen. But at some places many are standing together.
- Circuit des mégalithes: A tour around the Montains of Blond, you will discover different Megaliths.
- Going in the direction of Lac de Mondon, you will pass the dolmen de Bouéry.